Springtime is here and with it comes time to do some spring cleaning. Although giving your home a deep down cleaning may be necessary, poisioning your home with toxic chemicals is not. You can give your home a good green clean using Eco friendly cleaning products that you make yourself. These cleaners will clean just as well as their pricey, chemical laden counterparts and at a fraction of the price. You will be pleased to find how simple, affordable and safe making your own green cleaners can be.
Here are my recipes for making my eight favorite green cleaners.
What you will need:
- Several reusable spray bottles and jars.
- Baking Soda
- Eco friendly dish-washing liquid
- Eco friendly dish-washing detergent
- Organic White Vinegar
- Tea Tree Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Your choice of essential oils
How to prepare the green cleaners:
I Can See Clearly Now Glass Cleaner
- Mix 2 cups of water, 1/4 teaspoon Eco friendly dish-washing detergent, 3 tablespoons of organic white vinegar and several drops of your favorite essential oil into a spray bottle. Spray directly onto windows and mirrors and wipe clean with a reusable cloth.
Scrub A Dub Bathroom Cleaner
- Mix 3/4 cup of baking soda, 1/4 cup of Borax, 3 tablespoons of Eco friendly dish-washing liquid, the juice from one lemon and your favorite essential oil into a reusable jar. Use a stiff bristled cleaning brush to scrub mildew and dirt away.
Clean As a Whistle Disinfecting Spray Cleaner
- Mix 3 cups of water, 4 tablespoons of Eco friendly dish-washing liquid and 25 drops of Tea Tree Oil in a spray bottle. Spray anywhere that needs disinfecting for a good green clean.
Go Spot! Go! Spot Treatment
- Mix 1/4 cup dish-washing detergent and 1/3 cup water in a spray bottle. Spray directly onto spot, then dab with a clean cloth until dirt is removed.
Freshen It Up Room Freshener Spray
- Mix 35 drops of your favorite essential oil with a spray bottle full of water. Spray anywhere that needs a little freshening and enjoy the fresh scent of your home.
Happy Feet Floor Cleaner
- Mix 1/2 cup organic white vinegar, 1/2 cup water and your favorite essential oil in a large bucket. Mop your wood, tile and laminate floors until they are squeaky clean.
Make It Shine Furniture Polish
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon organic olive oil, 1/4 cup organic white vinegar and Lemon Grass essential oil in a jar. Dip clean cloth into mixture, polish and renew your furniture.
Hot Spot Oven Cleaner
- Mix 1/2 cup Baking Soda, 1/4 cup of water and 3 tablespoons of Eco friendly dish-washing liquid into a thick paste. Apply to your oven and let sit overnight. Clean thoroughly with a clean wet cloth in the morning.
Do you have other do it yourself green cleaners that you use in your home?
Want more Certified Organic, Guaranteed Delicious™ stories from Cascadian Farm? You can get a $1 off coupon when you sign up for our email newsletter. You can also subscribe to our RSS feed for fresh stories almost every day!