What's not to love about blueberries? At Cascadian Farm, we love blueberries so much, we grow five different varieties (Spartan, Toro, Bluecrop, Jersey and Patriot)! Each variety has it's own unique taste, but one thing's for sure, they're all delicious. Aside from taste, blueberries are one of the most health-rewarding fruits that we can eat. It's no wonder they're commonly referred to as a "super food".
Let's take a look at all the benefits of eating this amazing fruit:
- Packed with antioxidants that reduce the risk of cancer, heart disease and the effects of aging.
- Boost urinary tract health, protecting from infection
- Help transport energy to your brain, stimulating the communication between brain cells
- Known to improve eyesight
- Excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium and fiber
- Help reduce gastrointestinal tract inflammation
- Low in calories
As you can see, there's no wonder we all shouldn't be eating more blueberries, especially organic blueberries, like the ones we grow, without the use of pesticides. They taste good and they're good for our health!
Aside from just popping them in your mouth, there are many great ways to incorporate blueberries into your diet. Here are a couple of wonderful blueberry recipes to share with your family (click the image to see the full recipe). And if you happen to have a great recipe you'd like to share, leave it in the comment box below or post it on our facebook page.
Country Blueberry Dessert
Whole Wheat- Blueberry Muffins
Want more Certified Organic, Guaranteed Delicious™ stories from Cascadian Farm? You can get a $1 off coupon when you sign up for our email newsletter. You can also subscribe to our RSS feed for fresh stories almost every day!