Children love to have time to be creative, especially when it involves getting their hands dirty. Winter time is one of the best times to let your children spend a few hours getting their creative juices flowing. Did you know that making Eco friendly art supplies for your children is simple? Art supplies such as colored glue, recycled crayons, finger paints and play dough can be made with simple ingredients that you probably already have on hand in your kitchen cupboard.
You may also already have an endless supply of materials for your kids to use to create their masterpieces. Just check your recycling bin. There are many projects that can be made using recycled food and cereal boxes, milk and egg cartons as well as any paper products. Just add scissors, paints, crayons and glue and your children will be entertained for hours.
Over the next few posts I'm going to share my personal recipes that my son and I have enjoyed over the years. You can combine these art supply recipes with the Eco friendly art materials that you will find in your recycling bin. This combination will keep your children entertained and will also give your recyclables new life, as fantastic art.
1. Gather all of the broken crayon pieces from your child's art drawer and remove the paper. Break into smaller pieces.
2. Spray a mini muffin tin with veggie oil (you could also use a candy or soap mold) and fill each spot to the top with different colored crayon pieces.
3. Bake at 275° for 8 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and swirl with a toothpick if you would like or leave them as is.
5. Let cool and pop them out.
Want more Certified Organic, Guaranteed Delicious™ stories from Cascadian Farm? You can get a $1 off coupon when you sign up for our email newsletter. You can also subscribe to our RSS feed for fresh stories almost every day!